Please contact the office if you have a kindergarten student who will be attending Eastlake Elementary School next fall (801-446-0778).
Spelling Bee--Feb 22 (9:00 grades 1-3, 1:30 grades 4-6) Just for students participating in the spelling bee.
Individual class spelling bee times will be determined by the teacher prior to the date
Sixth Grade Students Registration/Orientation for Middle School:
Copper Mountain Middle School Orientation Meeting: Thursday, February 1. Students will be mailed a postcard home with an assigned time for orientation.
Elk Ridge Middle School:
January 5, 2018
Dear Parents and Students,
We are beginning the registration process at Elk Ridge Middle School for next year’s incoming 7th graders. There will be one evening of orientation with two sessions held to fill out a class request card and answer questions. We hope that one of the following meeting times will fit with your schedule. You may choose either session.
Tuesday, January 23rd at 5:30 p.m. OR 7:00 p.m.
Elk Ridge Middle School Auditorium
- Introductions and Power Point presentation covering registration, honors applications, rules, policies, expectations.
- Question and answer session.
- Upon leaving the auditorium, take time to learn about the elective classes offered as you pass through the building before exiting.
- Collection of registration cards at the door as you exit the building.
Language Arts Honors is offered to 7th grade students at Elk Ridge Middle and students may only qualify through the application process. Students wishing to apply for the Honors program will pick up applications at this orientation. Applications will not be available until the orientation meeting on January 23rd. If you are unable to attend the orientation meeting please stop by the Counseling Center after January 23rd for this information.
Math placement is solely based on test scores in that subject. Math testing is conducted by the district at the elementary school level. It should be noted that just because a student is accepted into the Language Arts Honors classes it does not automatically qualify them to be in an honors level math class and, in addition, if a student tests into an honors level of math it does not automatically qualify them to be in the Language Arts Honors program.
Regarding immunizations, all incoming 7th graders will need to have had a Tdap booster, a second dose of the Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, and 1 dose of the Meningococcal vaccine. On our registration evening we will have the Community Nursing Services available for these immunizations. Please take advantage of this service. A copy of the 3 above mentioned immunizations for your student should be turned in to the Counseling Center before the next school year begins. If your student has had the above mentioned immunizations, please bring a copy for us at the orientation meeting. Please do not delay in this matter.
We look forward to meeting with you and helping in the transition from elementary to middle school.
Elk Ridge Counseling Staff
Mrs. Camille Cook
Mrs. Alishia Huefner
Ms. Melissa Memmott
Ms. Christie Robinson
- Firing Up Excellence in All We Do.
- Together We Are More.
We believe that all students can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve. Our school prepares students to be leaders in our country and world.
- We believe that all students can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- We commit to build relationships and have effective communication between faculty, parents and students.
- We commit to providing a safe environment for student learning and growth.
- We commit to promote character-building traits such as: honesty, respect, responsibility, compassion and citizenship.