This is a form for families who are wanting bus transportation to and from school that do not live within the bus route.
- Permits are awarded based on farthest distance. Meaning, students who apply and are farthest away will be awarded first.
- Permit applications are to be turned in to the main office by the end of the first day of school.
- Permit applications are sent to transportation, and may be awarded anywhere from 1-15 days after the application is turned in.
- Permits can be revoked at any time if space is needed for an in-boundary student.
- Permits may or may not be awarded for the stop closest to the student's residence.
IN ORDER TO DETERMINE PUPIL ELIGIBILITY, THE DISTANCE FROM HOME TO SCHOOL OR SCHOOL TO HOME IS MEASURED AS FOLLOWS:From the center of the public route (road, thoroughfare, walkway, or highway) open to public use, start or stop the measurement opposite the front door of where the pupil is living, then over the nearest public route (thoroughfare, road, walkway, or highway) open regularly for use. Start or stop the measurement opposite the nearest public access to the school grounds where the student is attending. The shorter of the two distances (home to school or school to home) will be used.The measurement for Elementary age students grades K-6 is 1.5 Miles, for Secondary Schools, grades 7-12 is 2.0 Miles.